People express their emotions uniquely. Yet, it can be hard to understand why we might feel a certain way, or why a person reacts differently than another. One explanation for how we process is emotions can be found in our zodiac sign.
Each zodiac sign conveys emotions based on the quality (cardinal, fixed, and mutable) and element (Air, Fire, Earth, and Water) of the sign.
Each element is reflected in three zodiac signs:
- Air: Gemini, Libra, Aquarius
- Fire: Aries, Leo, Sagittarius
- Earth: Taurus, Virgo, Capricorn
- Water: Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces
Each quality is reflected in four zodiac signs:
- Cardinal (Aries, Cancer, Libra, and Capricorn): Expresses emotion rapidly and desires control of their environment.
- Fixed (Taurus, Leo, Scorpio, and Aquarius): Feels deep emotions, but can hide them well and set them aside indefinitely. Attempts to control their emotions and reactions.
- Mutable (Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius, and Pisces): Fluctuates emotions and readily adapts their expression. These signs are the most flexible with present their thoughts and feelings.
Since there is a unique blend of quality and element for each zodiac sign, you will find a personalized mix qualities for just you based on the combination of your sun, moon, and ascendent signs.
Below we have discovered how each zodiac signs shows their emotional state:
- Aries (fire and cardinal): Rams are joyous kids at play during period of content. They are charming and considerate when happy and motive others with their zest for life. But when Mars is troubled, this sign will strike like a sudden thunderstorm. Not just decorations, Aries can rear their horns quickly at another they deem as a threat. When they feel profound negativity, the Ram may act paranoid.
- Taurus (earth and fixed): Bulls are gentle creatures that enjoy laughing. But during times of stress, Venus encourages quiet solitude. The stubborn Bull battles frustration until the point they risk breaking down every wall around them. When enraged, it seems like smoke is pouring out of their noise as they show their horns and paw at the ground. Ensure they don’t charge at you!
- Gemini (air and mutable): The twins possess great wisdom, but when combined with emotion, it can be volatile. One moment they are engaging in enjoyment. The next, they are bored, withdrawn, and trapped in the recesses of their mind. The fluctuating nature of Mercury can cause over analysis and present as two-faced or unreliable.
- Cancer (water and cardinal): A crab’s moods can ebb and flow like the tide, but a hug helps them feel immediately better. This deeply private sign waits until they know they are safe to show their true essence. However, avoid their angry snapping claws when you’ve upset them. When taken out of their environment they can soon turn cranky, moody, and withdrawn.
- Leo (fire and fixed): Driven by the sun’s warmth, Leos are magnetic and generous people. Beware of the lion’s wrath as each lion will roar and show you who they think is boss. They are overly dramatic, especially when they feel victimized, due to the strength of how the experience feelings and can quickly lose sight of the big picture.
- Virgo (earth and mutable): Ruled by Mercury, they are prone to brooding when sad or upset. Give the virgin space to process and regain their cool. Soon they will remember emotions are logical and not something that must be felt not thought about. Be aware of the severely critical nature of these caring souls. They can and will pick apart every detail about a person with a razor’s sharpness.
- Libra (air and cardinal): Venus rules the scales and so they will hide the extent of their feelings to protect themselves. If feelings are suppressed too long, the scales will tip out of balance causing immense disruption. In these arguments the other person will hear details of perceived limitations or failures, with uncharacterized cruelty it could severely damage a relationship.
- Scorpio (water and fixed): The Scorpion experiences profound and passionate feelings. Love they feel for people is tangible and is show in their sincere kindness, gentleness, and sweetness. Yet, when furious, a person must brace to be stung! Hurt, grief, regret, and anger linger as a toxin deep within Scorpio, until they learn how to safely purge it.
- Sagittarius (fire and mutable): The archer can be blunt without being careless as the feel free to act in the manner of their choosing. Yet, moments of depression can be length and intense. Help calm Jupiter’s influence by letting this sign release steam so that avoid falling into addictive patterns where the rationalize this self-medication will mask the pain.
- Capricorn (earth and cardinal): Goats can be so nimble with their emotions people see them as cold. This is a protection from their sensitivity due to the painful iciness of their pain, pessimism, fear, anxiety, and sadness. This tundra resides deep within them every day, but with faith and hope Goats can embrace these feelings with enchanting stories to great the joyous and success life they desire.
- Aquarius (air and fixed): Water-Bearers marinate in feelings like a hot-spring bath or plunge into the icy cold river. The sensations of their emotions cause intense expression whether hiding away their true feelings or showcasing a passion. Yet, they must be careful not locked away their feelings for the sake of another, or risk toxicity. By learning how to balance delaying a response to their emotions with handling them safely they can avoid becoming overwhelmed. Prevent icing over a situation which will cause this sign to lose loved ones and opportunities forever.
- Pisces (water and mutable): Fishes thrive with going with the current. This creates flexible to navigate empathy with their own needs. Embracing the nature of water, Pisces can either be serene or stormy. At times this sign will be exceptionally giving, loving, kind and psychically attuned to your needs. Yet, pain, stress, depression, and worry will trap them in a whirlpool of thoughts obsessing over every negative facet. They rely on faith to be their alchemy of transformation from a place of anxiety and fear to one of hopeful joy.